Friday 17 December 2010

Storylines by Andy Croft and Mike Pilavachi

When I went to Soul Survivor I took the opportunity to browse the book stall and Storylines by Andy Croft and Mike Pilavachi was one of the titles I came away with. I really bought it with my youth group in mind as I'm trying to compile a list of books that they could read. So I sort of expected it to be a bit light on the old theology and just a compilation of funny anecdotes.

It was funny but it certainly wasn't light. It traced threads such as worship and salvation through both the Old and New Testament. When most people seem to treat the Old and New Testament like the 'before' and 'after' photos on adverts for beauty products it was really nice to read how the two are all part of the same story. It really bought home to me how Jesus' death wasn't a Plan B or an afterthought but how the need for it and hints of it's coming are seen throughout the Old Testament.

I found it really helpful to read and it talks about some complex ideas in a clear and understandable way. It's brilliant for both teenagers and the older Christian.


Quick Questions
  1. What books did you read as a teenager?
  2. What books are you reading at the moment?
  3. Would you like to write a book review for Yarns of a Youth Worker?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...