Newspaper, torn into squares
To achieve the look
- Blow up balloon a few days before applying first layer. This is crucial.
- Mix PVA with water. Doesn't matter what ratio. Just go for it.
- Dip newspaper into PVA mixture and then apply to balloon exterior.
- Tie string to end of balloon and allow first layer to dry.
- Add another layer. While you're at it, add another one while it's still wet. It doesn't matter.
- Hang up to dry in a place that is susceptible to damp. Outside is best for this. Leave overnight.
- The balloon should deflate and the paper should warp.
- Burst balloon
So, now I have to make an actual egg for Church on Sunday. And it has to be dry. Thankfully, Friday is a bank holiday. Why do I always agree to things that turn out to be the biggest pain to achieve?
- Why me? Why me?
- What is the perfect PVA to water ratio?
- What did you think would be a simple job and wasn't?
- Are you looking forward to Easter Sunday? Why?