Tuesday 10 April 2012

Say thank you...

Today I was thanked for something I'm pretty sure I didn't do. I didn't correct them, because there is a possibility I did do it but just forgot. So instead I took the glory for something someone else probably did. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.
It got me thinking about the act of showing appreciation. What I got thanked for (whether I deserved it or not aside) was something small and easily forgotten. The fact the person went out their way to thank me for it was a really nice, compassionate gesture. 

Paul's letters often start with thanking God for the recipients (e.g. Romans 1:8, 1 Corinthians 1:4 and, my favourite, Philippians 1:3). The idea of thanking God for people in your life is beautiful. Letting them know about it is even better. I also love what he's thankful for. It isn't for giving him a gift (although Philippians is actually as sort of thank you letter), but for the work of Jesus in them and their willingness to share the gospel.

So, thank you readers for reading my blog. I really appreciate it. It makes it feel worthwhile and rewarding. Even if this is your first and only time, thanks for doing it. Thank you to those who write comments. I love reading them. Thank you.

Perhaps you could take a moment to thank God for someone who has had a positive influence over your life and then letting them know about it? Or people you admire for the way God works in them?

Quick questions

Who are you thankful for?
How do you thank people? Cards? Texts? Flowers?
Am I a bad person?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...