Wednesday 5 January 2011

Messed Up Bunch

The more I learn about the people that make up Mosaic, the more I discover what a messed up bunch of people we are. We are a broken, hurting, obstinate set of people. You may think this has caused me to despair. But it hasn't.

I know I am a messed up person. Often, I have decided that God's way wasn't good enough and that I could do it better. I have been lonely, I have been hurting, I have felt so lost that I thought there was no way back. I have been burdened by guilt, shame and humiliation. I have resorted to self-destructive and harmful measures in an attempt to give my life some meaning.

It turns out that everybody else has a story on a similar theme. But there is something else our stories have in common: hope.

We have found hope in a God who heals our wounds, finds the lost, frees us from burden and gives meaning to our lives. This hope is not a false hope either. It is a real hope, a firm hope, a fulfilled hope.

We are a group of people that are united by this hope, healed by this hope, found by this hope. This hope continues to change us, shape us, challenge us. We have hope.
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost (Luke 19:10).
Quick Questions
  1. Does this story sound familiar?
  2. Do you have hope? Where do you find yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...