Friday 15 March 2013

Pain and Blessing

February was a tough month. PGCEs are notoriously difficult and the last few weeks proved that. This is not the place to go into all the gory details but February and the start of March was a massive mess. A train wreck. A car crash. There were plenty of sleepless nights, tears and phone calls to my mum. There was hardly a day where I wasn't working or trying to sort out some problem; I was constantly exhausted and would often wake up feeling ill. It wasn't pleasant. But in all this, I learnt one incredible and simple truth: God is good.

In amongst all the problems and the difficulties, God continued to bless me. He blessed me with a supportive family, some amazing friends and a very helpful uni mentor. Although my life was not easy, there was still so much to be thankful for and rejoice about. Philippians 4:4-7 talks about how we need to learn to rejoice, offer our worries in prayer and be thankful for what goodness there is. The result of this is a peace that transcends all understanding. This February, I have, perhaps, experienced a bit of that.

I know I've mentioned the Sing Team before, but this is a song of theirs that has really kept me going the last few months.



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 tells us to:
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

It's tough ask. So, when you're next in a mess, or things seem awful, then is the time to count your blessings.

Quick Questions

  • How has God shown his goodness to you recently?
  • Do you have any tips on how to give thanks in all circumstances?

1 comment:

  1. Amen! That's relevant not only to me but to a lot of people I know. Sometimes, I feel like things are just crowding in on me... but it's good to know firstly, God is with us, but also he is above our circumstances and he will lift us up again. He is so so good. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...